GMRVA Slack Code of conduct
- Diversity and inclusion make our community strong. We encourage participation from the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible and want to be very clear about where we stand.
- Our goal is to maintain a safe, helpful and friendly community for everyone, regardless of experience, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or other defining characteristic.
- This code and related procedures also apply to unacceptable behavior occurring outside the scope of community activities, in all community venues—online and in-person— as well as in all one-on-one communications, and anywhere such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.
- Be welcoming.
- Be kind.
- Look out for each other.
- Conduct or speech which might be considered sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory or offensive in nature.
- Do not use unwelcome, suggestive, derogatory or inappropriate nicknames or terms.
- Do not show disrespect towards others. (Jokes, innuendo, dismissive attitudes.)
- Intimidation or harassment (online or in-person). Please read the Citizen Code of Conduct for how we interpret harassment.
- Disrespect towards differences of opinion.
- Inappropriate attention or contact. Be aware of how your actions affect others. If it makes someone uncomfortable, stop.
- Not understanding the differences between constructive criticism and disparagement.
- Sustained disruptions.
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language.
- Understand that speech and actions have consequences, and unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated.
- If you are the subject of, or witness to any violations of this Code of Conduct, please message @rosscatrow or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If violations occur, organizers will take any action they deem appropriate for the infraction, up to and including expulsion.
- Keep what's said in the GMRVA Slack confidential. Don't repeat or quote things said here without the affirmative consent of the speaker.
- Be mindful that things you say here may at some point become public. While members are expected to honor the confidentiality of this space, there’s no guarantee that they will do so.
- Exercise caution and do not share sensitive information that could harm you or others if it became public (see the abovelinked examples of harassment).
Credits and license
Portions derived from the Django Code of Conduct, The Citizen Code of Conduct, The Rust Code of Conduct, The Ada Initiative, Annalee Flower Horne's Sample Slack Code of Conduct,and the Slack Developer Community Code of Conduct under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.